Dr Visentin who has been a Denver Chiropractor for more than 20 years and currently owns Care Chiropractic. Took some time out of his busy day to share some interesting facts about chiropractic care and clear up a few misconceptions that many of us have about chiropractors.
Feel free to reach out to him if you want to know more about chiropractors or chiropractic care in Denver.
7 Amazing Facts About Chiropractic
- What is chiropractic care?
Chiropractic care is a safe gentle way to balance the body. When our bodies are in balance, we have a natural tendency to stay well. Chiropractors provide “adjustments” to gently align the spine and take the pressure off the nervous system that allows us to heal.
- Are chiropractors considered doctors in Denver?
Chiropractors in Denver are well-educated doctors whose studies are comparable to that of an ordinary doctor. They have more training in subjects like anatomy and x-ray than medical doctors generally receive.
- What is the history of chiropractic care?
In 1895 Dr. D.D. Palmer provided a miraculous “adjustment” to the first chiropractic patient, Harvey Lilard. Mr. Lilard had lost his hearing 17 years earlier and Dr. Palmer restored it by realigning a vertebra that was slightly out of place.
Dr. Palmer theorized that vertebrae could move out of place or “subluxate”. This he felt was the cause of most bodily ills, because it interfered with the nervous system.
Since this first adjustment, chiropractic has grown to be the world’s largest natural health care art.
- What does a Denver chiropractor do?
Chiropractors are famous for “curing the incurable”. Of course, they readily admit, they don’t “cure” anything. The body does the healing when it’s properly aligned.
If you’ve been everywhere else and tried everything to get well with no success, don’t give up!
A doctor of chiropractic helps problems medical doctors can’t. At least get a chiropractor to check you. See if you have a problem that responds to chiropractic care. Only a doctor of chiropractic can tell if you qualify for chiropractic care.
- Are chiropractors useful?
For millions worldwide, chiropractic is a Godsend. Families use chiropractic as a way of staying healthy. Some people get so healthy they claim they don’t get sick anymore. They enjoy what scientists call “high resistance to disease”.
In any population, some people get sick and some people stay healthy. Doctors of chiropractic are experts at balancing the body so it functions at its full potential.
- Are chiropractors safe in Denver?
Chiropractors are very, very, safe. Unlike medicine, your chances of being hurt in a chiropractic office are minuscule.
For example, a medical doctor can pay hundreds of thousands of dollars yearly for malpractice. Doctors of chiropractic have malpractice rates comparable to car insurance rates.
- Why would someone choose chiropractic care if they felt fine?
Here is a shortlist of some of the many benefits of care;
- Removes nerve pressure
- Increases energy
- Prevents arthritis
- Improves posture and attitude
- Allows more movement of the spine
- Diminishes stress
- Improves brain power with more blood flow to the brain
- Maximizes your potential for 100% health
- Helps with balance
- Improves outlook on life
- Improves relationship with spouse
- Lessens hyperactivity in children
- Builds a stronger body, regenerating new cells
- Boosts immunity and resistance to disease
- Corrects the cause of health problems
- Improves performance where it was previously limited
- Raises level of concentration
- Stops spinal decay and in some cases can reverse degeneration
- Extends life
- Increases focus on better health and feeling younger
- Allows greater appreciation of the body
- Feel more relaxed because the body is in greater harmony
- Increases ability to work to full capacity and therefore make more money
- See less of your M.D.
- Increases organ function
- Allows for more flexibility
- Helps you feel and stay more active throughout life